Dating a Finnish woman has the potential to change your life! It may be the starting point of a happy adventure. I’m curious to ask: Do you already have a crush on someone particular? Or are you just making a research in general about dating Finnish women? I don’t ask you to answer that in the comment box.
Anyway, I’m excited to tell you that a relationship with a Finnish lady is golden! That’s because Finnish women are resourceful, loving and down-to-earth in general. Okay, it seems fair to point out that I didn’t find any actual research backing up my hypothesis, but if I ever do doctoral studies, I promise I will orchestrate such an investigation.
Introduction to Dating Finnish Women
First things first, I do hope you are planning to date only one Finnish woman. We, Finnish people, don’t really understand the concept of seeing several people at the same time. When she finds out that you are having a carousel of women, she will delete your contact details immediately from her phone.
Another thing I would like to mention: this is a funny blog post about actually trying to build a relationship with a Finn but how it’s, sometimes, somewhat difficult. If you were trying to google something else, please, bounce back and do not try to comment anything icky after this post.
That being said, let’s continue!
Quick Guide to Dating Finnish Women
Just follow the easy steps of this quick guide and work accordingly:
- Accept long silent pauses in your interaction. Do not talk all the time to avoid silence.
- Don’t be completely mute. Remember at least to take the initiative and ask her out!
- Remember to provide a feeling of equality to the relationship. Finland is the country of gender equality.
- Be a man, pamper her and make her feel like the queen of your heart.
- Make her feel that she is beautiful. Hopefully, you also think this naturally.
- Don’t ever try to take a picture of her unless she is in the mood of being photographed. How to spot that right mental state, you may ask. When she is taking selfies, for example.
- Have the confidence to kiss her without her giving you any signals to do so. That is super romantic to her.
- Never kiss her when she doesn’t want to be kissed. That’s invasion of privacy, mister!
- When she is moping around, and you don’t know what you did to make her mope, never ask what is wrong. Talking will lead to fighting or even more extensive moping.
- When she is moping around, buy her flowers. It doesn’t matter if you know the reason for her moping or not. With flowers, she moves on. This work every time. Crisis averted.
- Remember that she will hate you if you are not honest.
- Don’t be too honest. Or honest at the wrong time.
How To Answer a Tough Question by a Finnish Woman
An example regarding the last point of the above list seems needed, as so many men stumble with that one. Now, breathe and concentrate.
When you get the infamous “Do I look fat in this dress/these jeans etc.?”, your answer must start immediately, and without any hesitation. Step into the situation with a sentence of distraction: “Honey, I forgot to say earlier that your hair looks lovely like that… / I am so looking forward to our opera night; it’s been such a long time…”
Practice your body language and tone of voice to sound genuine (which you are of course). In many cases, the discussion will flow to other topics. If not, the right answer to the original question is no and always no. Make several sentences of reassuring answers all pointing to no. Your sweetie is feeling insecure, why to enforce that feeling?
Let’s consider a situation in which you were silent, hesitated or answered “Yes. / Please don’t ask me that. / [insert any dumb phrase here]”. Wrong move, buddy.
The odds are that you will have a miserable night, you paid the babysitter for nothing, your sweetheart will mope, and you have no time to find those flowers to be delivered to the opera. If there is some improvement to be made, you guys have plenty of time to talk about healthy eating and exercise some other day and make it a team effort. Simple, right?
Is there something you’d like to ask about dating a Finn? Comment below!
Looking for more information about Finnish culture and dating Finns? Check my other posts: